Before you start the exercise to ensure you can access all the PFAM databases needed for the downstream strain exercises.
- Download the following pfam_update while in your AMI instance.
- Once it opens copy/paste it into separate text file (use a text editor like nano so that the paste is plain text only).
- Save the text file as pfam_update.sh this will make it a shell file that can be executed.
- Put the file on your instance in /home/ubuntu
- execute the script using the following:
- >cd /home/ubuntu
- >sh pfam_udpate.sh
That’s it you should be good to go!